Chat.IO is a web chat application that I built to learn more about Google Firebase capabilities and services.
This project has the following features:
- Responsive Design
- Image Profile
- Users can be searched by name
- Users can upload their profile picture
- Sound notification when there is a new message
What did I learn from this project:
- The Firebase Authentication service is excellent for making a quick authentication integration in a website or web application.
- The Firestore Database service is excellent for applications that do not need a server because it has libraries to handle data in the front end. The only downside, a server is required to support WebSockets to make this project easier to build.
- I learned more about the rxjs package to handle subscriptions from Firestore Database.
A demo URL will be added at later date on this page, as well as the git repository will be made public and shown here.